Now that Spinzilla has come and gone, it’s time to turn those beautiful handspun skeins of yarn into unique projects! Not long after Spinzilla 2013, we shared some of our favorite project ideas specifically for handspun yarns here on the Louet blog. This year, we’d like to share some of the inspiring projects we’ve spotted on Ravelry using handspun yarns, many of which use popular patterns with which you’re probably already familiar! Click the images and links below to view the Ravelry project pages for more information. We’d love to see what you make with your Spinzilla 2014 yarns – feel free to share your project photos here in our Ravelry Group!
Spinzilla 2014 Winner’s Circle
Last week, we announced the winners of the Team Louet Awards here in our Spinzilla Ravelry thread! We were pleased to have 20 of our spinners join the Monster Mile Club this year, and we also gave out the following awards:
- Team Louet’s Adventurous Bison Award went to tangledtwine for their adventurous spinning locations!
- Team Louet’s Beguiling Bison Award goes to DecoratedDonut for their creative photos!
- Team Louet’s Brilliant Bison Award for spinning the most dyed fiber by weight is jerushae!
- Team Louet’s Bronze Bison Award for spinning the most naturally-colored fiber by weight goes to littlelena!
- Team Louet’s Bison Boogie Award for the spinner with the most yardage went to tktl for the second year in a row for spinning 26,384 yards during Spinzilla!
We’d also like to congratulate two of our team members, terrierlady and betslange, who were finalists in the first-ever Spinzilla Photo Contest, which we were proud to sponsor! Click here to view the winners for each category!