For the weaver who wants to explore complex weaving, production weaving or simply enjoy the Cadillac of weaving looms. This innovative dobby loom is the flagship of the Louet family and our top-end dobby loom. The ease of complex weaving often comes as a surprise to even the most experienced weaver! The Megado is simple, easy to operate, and robust enough to handle all your projects. One long treadle is simpler and gives a tremendous mechanical advantage that allows a weaver to lift as many as 30 harnesses with ease. No other multi-harness loom treadles as light and creates as large a shed, even with a very high tension on the warp.
Our electronic Dobby uses wi-fi to connect with a tablet, smart phone or computer. Operating software resides on the built-in computer to simplify weaving. Design on your own software, save the wif file on a flash drive and load it onto the dobby. Several software packages that work with the Megado interface include: Fiberworks PCW, Patternland, PixieLoom, Weavemaker, Proweave and Weave It. The Megado interface supports both PC and MacIntosh operating platforms. It’s a revolutionary system!
- Available in 27 5/8″ (70cm), 43 1/3″ (110cm) and 51 1/4″ (130cm) weaving widths.
- 16 harnesses (900 heddles) or 32 harnesses (1700 heddles) (pre-installed)
- Electronic or mechanical dobby
- Megado comes with heddles pre-installed – 100 heddles on each of harnesses 1 & 2 and 50 heddles on every other harness. Total heddles is 900 for 16 harness loom and 1700 for 32 harness looms.
- Made of Ash hardwood and is finished with a double coat of semi-gloss lacquer
- The most complex castle section is pre-assembled
- A countermarch shed
- Connects via wi-fi to a tablet, smart phone or computer
- The lifting mechanism is incredibly light to operate, even when lifting most of the shafts
- Supports both PC and Mac operation systems
- The main treadle and also the optional weaving bench are adjustable in height to accommodate the weaver’s physical requirements.
- The Louet floating breast beam, a unique warp tension control system, which allows the weaver to set and check the warp tension each time the warp is advanced
- A large shelf
- Built-in raddle
- A stainless-steel reed 40-10 (metric)
- Texsolv heddles (392 mm)
- Lease and tie-up sticks
- Sixteen warp sticks
- Available in 27 5/8″ (70cm), 43 1/3″ (110cm) and 51 1/4″ (130cm) weaving widths
- 16 harnesses (900 heddles) or 32 harnesses (1700 heddles)
- Electronic or mechanical dobby
- 392mm heddles (packages of 50)
- Bench – height adjustable 23-28”
- 2nd warpbeam
- Sectional warp kit
- Electronic Dobby
- Mechanical Dobby – includes 20 program bars
- Program bars (packs of 10)
- Dobby Chain weight
- Tilting Bench Kit
- Fly Shuttle Device
- Fly Shuttle
- Treadle Height adjusting blocks
Megado 70: 47 5/8″ x 50″ x 51 5/8″ (121 x 127 x 131 cm)
Megado 110: 63 3/8″ x 50″ x 51 5/8″ (161 x 127 x 131 cm)
Megado 130: 71 1/4″ x 50″ x 51 5/8″ (181 x 127 x 131 cm)
Megado 70: 152 lb (69 kg)
Megado 110: 185lb (84 kg)
Megado 130: 203 lb (92 kg)
Add 29 lb (13 kg) for 32 harness loom
About Louet Looms
Louet offers a finely engineered weaving loom for every weaver. Louet looms harness 30 years of research and development to meet the needs and myriad desires of today’s weaving enthusiasts. From frame and travel table looms to innovative electronic dobby- floor looms, Louet brings you the quietest, highest-quality and finest looms on the market. The technological and ergonomic advances make weaving with a Louet loom a delightful experience that you can pursue for hours a day with ease.
Many customers have 30 year old Louet looms that are still in use on a daily basis. Invest in quality. Buy a Louet.
Louet products are known worldwide for their excellence in quality, design and workmanship. Louet [BV], located in Holland, began designing and manufacturing Louet spinning and weaving equipment in 1976. Superior engineering and high-quality workmanship have been the cornerstone of Louet spinning and weaving equipment for the past 30 years and remains very important to this day.
Superior engineering and experience has allowed Louet to design and manufacture numerous wheels, looms and carders that are functionally superior, practical, of excellent quality and offered at a affordable prices. Many of our customers are happy to own more than one Louet product. We stand behind our products to the fullest extent.
All inquiries for Louet equipment outside North America should be directed to Louet BV at www.louet.nl.