The New Year is rolling around and with it, New Year’s Resolutions. Have you been wanting to knit a sweater? Let’s make this the year!
Use the Instagram hashtag #2018Sweater, and share with us your progress knitting (your first or 100th) sweater!
If you’re an avid knitter, maybe you want to take the opportunity to challenge yourself. Brioche? One sweater a month? Fair Isle? It’s up to you… and we want to see what you’re making!
We LOVE Gems Worsted for sweaters, it’s machine washable and pill-resistant 100% merino. Yum! Check in at your local yarn store (or order from our site) in your fave color!
Some of our fave sweater patterns
There is no end to the amazing collection of sweater patterns available (here is a link to the Ravelry search for sweater patterns)… here are a few of our faves for different levels/niches:
- Great first sweater pattern: Flax by Tin Can Knits
- Experimenting with knits and purls: Erin by Louet North America (our newsletter subscribers get this one for FREE! Details below!)
- For those in warmer climates: Vitamin D by Heidi Kirrmaier (works up fantastically in Euroflax Sport linen)
- Colorwork/Stranded Knitting: Vintersol by Jennifer Steinglass
- Cables: Antler Cardigan by Tin Can Knits
Get Erin, for FREE!
Sign up for our newsletter to get the pattern for Erin! Click ‘sign up for our newsletter’ and subscribe to our knitting segment and you’ll get the pattern delivered to your inbox!
Don’t forget to share photos using the hashtag #2018Sweater. And follow us on Instagram!