Spinners, mark your calendars….Spinzilla is just around the corner! Team Louet has a title to defend, and we’ll be recruiting a few good spinners to join the fun for this year’s 4th annual Spinzilla, which takes place October 3-9, 2016. On September 1, spinner registration will open, and that’s your chance to join our team! Keep your eyes on our Team Thread on Ravelry or visit spinzilla.org for updates.
Now is a great time to make sure you have enough spinning fiber to get you through the event – you may need more than you think. Luckily, we have lots of fun fiber options to help round out your stash, starting with our August Spinzilla Fiber Pack! This value-priced fiber pack is loaded with popular & interesting fibers:
- 1.5 lb of Dyed Northern Lights Top – Color may vary
- 1.5 lb of Merino – Organic Lammermoor (17.5 micron) Top
Regular retail of these products is $166.50, but you can snag yours for only $85 here in our online store.
We’ve also just announced our next installment in the Spinzilla Fiber Pack series, which offers still more fiber options for the discerning spinner! Our September Spinzilla Fiber Pack includes:
- 2 lb Dyed Corriedale Top (color will vary)
- 1 lb Light Romney Sliver
- 1 lb Dark Romney Sliver Regular
Regular retail of these products is $134, but this lovely collection of fibers can be yours for just $75 here in our online store.
Aside from stocking up on fibers, here are 3 more ways that you can prepare for Spinzilla right now:
- Check your wheel for any parts which might need to be repaired such as drive bands and footmen connectors. You can find more information about caring for your Louet spinning wheels here in our support room.
- Prep your fibers now! You’ll have more time to spin if your fibers are prepped and ready to go ahead of time. We have tips here in our Carding support room.
- Make sure you have plenty of bobbins by clearing out all of those leftover singles that might be left over from plying.
We look forward to another fun & fibery Spinzilla!