Small but Mighty. Named after David and Goliath, David is a compact 8 harness loom loaded with functionality. The David, a unique sinking 2-inch (5cm) shed jack loom, has become a very popular alternative as an entry level floor loom. David is a compact eight harness loom that looks modest, but with tremendous functionality, it surpasses many large floor looms. Smooth and light-weight treadles due to a cam system give the David treadles a mechanical advantage. Weaving on this loom gives you a real appreciation for the word balance.
Like a counter balance or a jack loom, it has a singular tie-up. All harnesses that are not pulled down by a treadle are lifted by an ingenious spring system. The spring system also results in easy treadling: once the treadle is pushed down, the weight of your leg is sufficient to keep the shed open.
Available sizes, each equipped with 8 harnesses and 800 heddles:
- David 70: 27.5″ (70 cm) weaving width
- David 90: 35″ (90 cm) weaving width
- 5 inch shed
- The sliding beater offers a shuttle race
- The sliding beater has the advantages of a standing beater. It has a shuttle race, it is adjustable in height and it stays back, close to the shafts to get the optimal shed. At both sides the beater is guided with special bearings along a stainless steel rod. By adjusting the position of the rods you can adjust the height of the beater.
- Made of lacquered beech
- Castle section comes pre-assembled
- 800 Texsolv heddles (280 mm)
- a stainless steel reed 40-10 (metric)
- tie-up and lease sticks
- sixteen warp sticks
- a built-in raddle
- The friction brake for the warp beam comes standard with the loom.
Both options come with 800 heddles.
- David 70-8 – 8 harness 70 cm (27.5”) weaving width
- David 90-8 – 8 harness 90 cm (35”) weaving width
- 280 mm heddles (packages of 100)
- Bench – height 22 3/8”
- 2nd warpbeam
- Sectional warp kit
- Flying Dutchman shuttle
David 70: 34 1/4” x 33 1/2” x 50” (87 x 85 x 127 cm)
David 90: 42” x 33 1/2” x 50” (107 x 85 x 127 cm)
David 70: 66 lb (30 kg)
David 90: 77 lb (35 kg)
About Louet Looms
Louet offers a finely engineered weaving loom for every weaver. Louet looms harness 30 years of research and development to meet the needs and myriad desires of today’s weaving enthusiasts. From frame and travel table looms to innovative electronic dobby- floor looms, Louet brings you the quietest, highest-quality and finest looms on the market. The technological and ergonomic advances make weaving with a Louet loom a delightful experience that you can pursue for hours a day with ease.
Many customers have 30 year old Louet looms that are still in use on a daily basis. Invest in quality. Buy a Louet.
Louet products are known worldwide for their excellence in quality, design and workmanship. Louet [BV], located in Holland, began designing and manufacturing Louet spinning and weaving equipment in 1976. Superior engineering and high-quality workmanship have been the cornerstone of Louet spinning and weaving equipment for the past 30 years and remains very important to this day.
Superior engineering and experience has allowed Louet to design and manufacture numerous wheels, looms and carders that are functionally superior, practical, of excellent quality and offered at a affordable prices. Many of our customers are happy to own more than one Louet product. We stand behind our products to the fullest extent.
All inquiries for Louet equipment outside North America should be directed to Louet BV at www.louet.nl.