Factors to consider when selecting a shuttle
Does the shuttle have a guard that allows the yarn to unwind smoothly from the bobbin? That’s one feature of the Flying Dutchman, which also sports a bowed metal wire that keeps the shuttle from sticking in warp threads.
You may also be surprised to find that your local yarn shop carries a selection of shuttles from artisans (and not just the ‘big names’). Bluster Bay Woodworkers is one maker available in select shops.
- Our retailer spotlight: Nezinscot Farm in Turner, ME
- LOVE this weaving enamel pin!
- Interesting look at yarn spending habits
- I started drooling over this color palette inspired by cacti. Can you tell I’ve been thinking of color combos?
- An ultimate yarn weight cheat sheet… handy!