It’s crunch time! The clock is ticking for holiday shoppers, and we know the gifts that fiber lovers want! Whether you knit, spin, crochet or weave, Louet has you covered this year with gifts you’ll love to give & receive!
1. SOAK Wash: this premium no-rinse formula is ideal for washing just about any hand-made project, and it comes in four fresh fragrances (shown here in Yuzu) as well as an unscented option. If you’ve made gifts for those on your list this year, we recommend a SOAK travel pack so that you can include a sample of SOAK with your gift, ensuring that the recipient cares for it properly!
2. Spinning Kits: We have developed a variety of kits geared towards handspinning enthusiasts! Beginners will love our Drop Spindle Kit (shown above in the dyed fiber option; click here for our natural fiber kit), which has everything you need to begin your handspinning journey. Intermediate and advanced spinners will love our Saranac and Pippi project kits which feature luxurious Louet Fibers and gorgeous knit shawl designs from Kirsten Kapur.
3. Blending Board: Fiber artists will love our portable, user-friendly blending board for creating unique batts and rolags; click here to read more about this versatile tool from our blog archive! Louet’s Blending Board is an affordable addition to any spinners’ toolkit.
4. Yarn: There aren’t many knitters, crocheters or weavers who would object to being gifted yarn. So long as you have a good idea of what colors they prefer and what types of projects they like to make, you should be able to successfully make a yarn selection:
- For knitters and crocheters, you can’t go wrong with GEMS. It’s soft, durable, and easy-care – plus it comes in a variety of weights and colors. If you’re unsure about what types of projects the recipient likes to make, we recommend a few skeins of GEMS Worsted (shown above in Fern Green), which can be used to make just about anything! Click here to check out our Matterhorn cowl kits which were featured earlier this month as another great gift idea for knitters. For a little added luxury, we recommend a few skeins of Colinton mohair/silk blended yarn (shown at right in Amethyst). Each 50gr. skein has 250 yards (229 meters), so 2-3 skeins are ideal for a little luxurious project!
- For weavers, we recommend coned yarn, which have conveniently located all in one spot here on our website. If you are unsure as to how much to purchase, why not try checking our our free weaving pattern section to help you decide how much yarn to gift?
5. Gaywool Dyes Bush Blends Starter Kit: This handy set is ideal for first-time dyers as well as those who are interested in exploring color and experimenting with auxiliary chemicals to produce beautifully intense colors. Each set includes easy-to-follow instructions and safety information which will allow dyers of all capabilities to achieve a variety of shades and intensities which can all be easily reproduced again and again. A starter set is a great way to send yarn and fiber lovers on a colorful journey!